Kemper Development Company hopes to provide its tenants with updated resources for their businesses.
During this ever changing situation we strive to be a reliable resource.
Washington State Resources
Business Assistance Resources
State and Local Association Resource Guides:
The Washington State Employment Security Department emergency rules were enacted to relieve the burden of temporary layoffs, isolation, and quarantine for workers and businesses. Below are two ESD programs that can be helpful during this difficult time.
Allows employers to cut hours rather than cut jobs. Employers can reduce the hours of full-time and part-time employees by as much as 50 percent; employees can collect partial unemployment benefits to replace a portion of their lost wages.
Allows employers to place employees on a temporary standby status for up to eight weeks with an anticipated return to work date. While on standby, employees can collect unemployment benefits and are exempt from job search requirements.
Begin taking advantage of two new refundable payroll tax credits, designed to promptly and fully reimburse them, dollar-for-dollar, for the cost of providing Coronavirus-related leave to their employees. (IRS announcement from March 20, 2020)
State and Local Tax Relief or Deferral
The City of Bellevue will defer Q1 and Q2 local business and occupation (B&O) tax payments for certain small businesses until October. This applies to businesses with gross receipts of less than $5 million annually.
Due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, King and Pierce Counties have announced the delay of property tax payments until June 1st, 2020.
Other Misc. relief information for late payments:
- Bellevue’s Utilities Department is not disconnecting water service for non-payment at this time. Additionally, it is temporarily waiving late fees for non-payment.
- Puget Sound Energy is not disconnecting utility service for non-payment at this time. Additionally, it is temporarily waiving late fees for non-payment. It will work with customers on options like payment plans and bill extensions.
- Comcast Xfinity is not disconnecting internet service or assessing late fees at this time. Eligible customers can get more information and contact Comcast.
- CenturyLink is not disconnecting internet service or assessing late fees at this time. Eligible customers can get more information and contact CenturyLink.
- T-Mobile is not disconnecting small business customers due to inability to pay at this time. Additionally, it is temporarily waiving any late fees that small business customers incur due to the COVID-19 situation. Eligible customers can find more information from T-Mobile.